Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Duchess China

Is anyone else excited that Fall is here? The tree in my front yard has almost completely changed color. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but it's always the first one to change color in the Fall.
 
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a
bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
~George Eliot
 
 
This week I'm showing off this white tea cup and saucer by Duchess China. I believe I shared this one last year, though instead of carnations, I filled it with snowball flowers.

 
I was playing around with material contrasts in my journal and decided to apply that thinking to this cup and saucer. I like the softness of the flowers in delicate china against the roughness of brick and wood.


The saucer, cup and handle are trimmed in gold.


Both the saucer and the tea cup are marked Duchess Bone China.



Thanks for your visit today!
~Michelle


Linking to:
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Teatime Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday

3 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Michelle,
Your Duchess teacup looks pretty with her purple posies in it. I like a white teacup because it can go anywhere and you can do so much with it. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tea in Texas said...

Your lovely Duchess china cup and saucer is a delicate example! The lavender flowers are a pretty accent to the garden setting. Thanks for sharing your kind thoughts on my posting! Have a good fall week!

Pam

Terri said...

Hello Michelle,
That is a sweet china tea cup. I love this white and gold pattern. It makes her so versatile. Your flowers look gorgeous in her : )
I do love fall, so much. I walked out doors today and breathed in such fresh air! It was a gorgeous day today.
Hugs,
Terri